Developing successful projects and National Lottery Heritage Fund NLHF bids
Claire Adler can:
- Project manage National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF), formerly HLF, bids from first inception to delivery phase.
- Research and write Activity Plans for NLHF.
- Research and write Business Plans for NLHF.
- Research potential audiences.
- Consult with organisations and individuals about how museums and heritage sites can meet their needs.
- Write reports with sensible recommendations about how the museum can work with the audience in the future, that can be used internally or as part of a funding bid.
- Develop projects with the new audience as a direct result of the consultation process.
Please also see my blog post: Developing a successful HLF funding bid
Clare Adler has:
- Worked on more than forty NLHF funded projects
- Has worked for NLHF and directly for organisations on projects that have received over £70,000,000 from the NLHF
Selected recent work:
Researching and writing Round 1 HLF bid for the redevelopment of Ipswich Museum as part of Julia Holberry Associates. Writing the draft Activty plan, Interpretation plan and application form.
Researched and wrotethe HLF Activity Plan for Norfolk Museums Service's Kick the Dust Application with Anna Salaman. This £750,000 project is developing the four year strategy for how Norfolk Museums Service will target and engage 12 to 24 year olds through a three staged process. The Activity Plan is particularly focussed on working with Young People in Care, Young Carers and Young Offenders. As a result of this work Anna and I have been appointed the Institutional Change Evaluators for the next four years which will mean we follow and evaluate the project to work out how the museums can be more open to working with and being led by young people.
Internal Project Manager for the development of the Huguenot Museum. Managing all elements of the Stage 2 HLF bid, including appointing and managing consultants to develop the Activity Plan, Design Plans and Architect Designs. Writing the Business Plan. Liaising with HLF and the French Hospital governing body.
Researching and writing the HLF Activity Plan for the development of the Suffolk Record Offices to include a new site, called The Hold, in Ipswich as part of the £10million HLF project with Julia Holberry Associates. The key element of this plan that I was responsible for was developing a varied internship and traineeship programme to encourage diversification in the archive workforce.
Researching and writing an HLF Activity Plan for Clare Castle Country Park as part of Julia Holberry Associates.
Researching and writing the Community and Volunteer Engagement Plan for the National Trust's Wimpole Hall and Farm, to feed into a Round 1 HLF bid about telling the story of organic farming to urban and rural communities.
Working with Headway, the brain injury association, to develop and deliver two HLF projects about the history of how people with head injuries are treated.
Researched and wrote draft Activity Plan for Bletchley Park's Round 1 £17million Your Heritage HLF bid as a member of Julia Holberry Associates
Researched and wrote draft Activty Plan for Marble Hill House and Park, English Heritage for their Round 1 Parks for People HLF bid.
Photo credit: Initial consultation for 'Just Like My Mother Used To Make...' project; funded by Renaissance East Midlands, Culture East Midlands, Lincolnshire County Council, South Holland District Council and MLA East Midlands.