- As a member of a small team, of four people, I conceived, developed and realised the redisplay of Hackney Museum.
- Developed the education service from conception to ensure all aspects of the school programme, holiday events, teachers’ resources, family learning pack and ESOL resources were relevant to the large cross-section of communities living in Hackney.
- Developed and managed a number of innovative projects that investigated issues of immigration, identity and origin.
- Established and ran consultation with Teachers’ Forum, Teenagers’ Group and ESOL Forum.
- The Museum was long-listed for the Gulbenkian Museum of the Year Award. ‘Suitcase Sculptures’ a sculpture project with school children about identity, won an Interpret Britain Award.
1996 –1998: Education Officer at North Herts Museum Service
· Developed and ran a Museum Education Service for Hitchin and Letchworth museums and a Loans Service.
1994 –1996: Education Assistant at Northampton Museums
· Developed and delivered an informal and formal education service for newly reopened Abingdon Museum.
1994: Contracted Education Officer at Herbert Art Gallery and Museum in Coventry